Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Catch-up



Leaving Seattle.  Obviously on vacation.....


Seems like I've had no time at all since we got home from Alaska...  We've had house guests twice and Dave has traveled a lot.  I've played big catch-up in the yard...and have a new herb garden in on the north side.  I've been busy with physical therapy (regaining some upper-body strength) and added hearing aids to my wardrobe. 

Summer in the hood is hot this year.  It's our second week of mostly 90's and I don't remember that ever.   I've spent a really lot of time watering... and watering.  Some pots have needed watering twice a day.  Who could have figured?
Meantime, I thought I'd use this blogpost for some pics so you can see what's been up around the 2-dog kitchen and other places:

Right:  My French class came to dinner...



I've been trying to get a good loaf of rye bread.  Still working on it.



Another try at a leftover fish salad.  This one was with cold grilled tuna and a mustard vinaigrette. Yum.

Here are a few from the trip:



With the fish at Pike Place Market in Seattle---Veggies, too.







Going to dinner...


Someone else was cookin'


Me and the glacier....


Fishing for crab...



And eating it.


Leftovers..



This spruce pic taken during a macro-photography class in the rain forest.


Edible spruce tips...
I ate some.  Guide said she makes sorbet from them.  Hmmm.




Taken during a photography class in a small boat on the ocean...   ah, whales.




We clean up well.


More later...  2-Dog Kitchen under signature....
Be patient; I've got some great summer recipes. 
Tonight I grilled some wahoo on lemon slices and topped it with homemade "pickles"...
Sing a new song,
Alyce

No comments:

Post a Comment

I can't wait to hear from you!

When you click on "Comment as," you have a choice of google id, etc. If you don't have a google id or a blog, choose ANONYMOUS. When you type your comment, you can sign your name there. Thanks!